Over the past few years, the 17.5T spec 2WD class has become the most popular racing class in R/C racing. The 22 3.0 SR is the first buggy kit focused directly on delivering an ultra-high performance buggy specifically for the spec racing class. The buggy can easily be built under the ROAR and IFMAR minimum weight limit of 1499g right out of the box with normal electronics and a full sized ‘shorty’ Li-Po battery. Combine the innovative aluminum differential assembly with replaceable composite outdrives, the lightest direct drive system available, and aluminum CVA bones with lightened axles, the 22 3.0 SR provides all the performance a spec racer can hope for – and does it right out of the box.
- Weighs in Under 1499 Grams: No expensive aftermarket parts are required to meet the minimum ROAR weight. Extra pockets milled into the chassis, along an assortment of lightweight parts, allow the 22 3.0 SPEC-Racer to be built using kit hardware and still weigh in under 1499 grams with all electronics installed. This gives racers the freedom to meet the ROAR minimum by using bigger, more powerful batteries or strategically adding ballast to maximize performance.
- Lightweight Drivetrain: Major weight savings in the drivetrain let racers extract more effective torque and top speed from stock motors. The innovative ball differential, with its aluminum hub and composite outdrives, is 12.7g lighter than the stock diff. The TLR Direct Drive System weighs 9.3g less than a slipper assembly, and the aluminum driveshafts with lightened axles are 7.8g lighter than the stock steel CVAs. It all adds up to 29.8 grams of weight saved in the drivetrain alone.
- Ultra Lightweight Body: The included body has the same cab-forward lines as the original 22 3.0 body but is made of lighter 0.5mm polycarbonate. This gives the buggy all the aerodynamic benefits of the original while saving over 20 grams of weight and lowering roll center at the same time.
- Lightweight Motor Plate: A smaller motor plate designed specifically for the smaller spur gear sizes used in Spec-Class racing is included. It is CNC machined from 7075-T6 aluminum and paired with a polycarbonate gear cover to give racers the lightest and tidiest motor plate setup available.
- Proven 22 3.0 Platform Features: The real genius in the 22 3.0 SPEC-Racer’s design is that team engineers were able to shave weight without sacrificing any of the most important features that make the standard 22 3.0 buggy such a dominating force in its class. These include the VLA front suspension geometry, revised motor location, transverse battery mounting, 2mm wider rear pivot, revised rear shock locations and more.
- Based on the championship-winning 22 3.0 buggy
- Track-ready weight of less than 1499 grams with full-size short, standard Orion electronics and 2.2” tires
- Lightened 7075-T6 aluminum chassis
- Ball diff with aluminum hubs and composite outdrives
- Aluminum drive shafts with lightened axles
- Lightweight motor plate with polycarbonate gear cover
- 3-gear transmission for quicker acceleration
- Ultra lightweight 0.5mm polycarbonate body
- VLA front suspension geometry
- Aluminum front axles
- Gen II 12mm big-bore shocks
- Transverse battery mounting option
- Many popular option parts included as standard
Length: 15 in (382mm)
Width: 9.8 in (250mm)
Height: 5.8 in (148mm)
Wheelbase: 11.0 in (280mm)
Weight: 52.4 oz (1485g) (track ready)
Chassis: 2.5mm Milled Plate, 7075-T6 Aluminum
Suspension: Lower A-Arm, Upper Adjustable Link
Gear Pitch: 48P
Wheel Size: 2.2 in (56mm)
Shock Type: 12mm Big Bore, Oil Filled
Body: 22 3.0 Ultra Light Weight (0.5mm) Cab Forward, with optional Rear Fin
Ball Bearings: Full Rubber Seal Ball Bearings
Recommended Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
Assembly Time: 3-5 Hours
Needed To Complete:
- Electronic Speed Control
- Radio System
- Pinion Gear