This is the Kyosho Inferno ST-RR Evo.2 Competition 1/8 Scale Truck Kit. Kyosho has taken the ST-RR EVO, added some minor enhancements and created the Evo.2. Already proven in the hands of Jared Tebo at the 2015 Psycho Nitro Blast, Jared TQ'd all three rounds of qualifying and then won the main event in convincing fashion. The Evo.2 adds updated shock tower geometry, a battery forward radio tray and vented clutch bell to elevate the performance of this already dominant platform. With a wide variety of setup options available, you can easily fine tune the truck to give you a winning edge.
- Updated Duralumin Front and Rear "Wide Type" shock towers, for proper shock settings on a variety of surfaces, especially high traction tracks.
- Front battery tray set (KYOISW055) included as standard to deliver improved steering.
- Lightweight clutch bell (KYO97035LW-13) included as standard to keep the clutch running cooler and improve response.
Inferno ST-RR Evo is now equipped with even more advanced high performance components. Anodized in gun metallic for strength & style.
Aerodynamics of low form body delivers stable posture through the air. Forward cabin design realizes superior turning performance.
Features dial-adjustable big bore shocks that provide wider scope for setting to suit various surface conditions and have large capacity damping capability.
Newly designed front & rear shock towers provide optimal shock mounting positions to achieve stable performance on high grip surfaces.
Radio box set (ISW055) included as standard allows front positioning of receiver battery. Delivers sharp cornering by moving CG position forwards.
Lightweight clutch bell (97035LW-13) included as standard is 2g lighter and delivers increased accelerator control response.
Hardened steel of the straight cut bevel gears maintains gear mesh, even under the most intense braking.
Amazing stopping power results from the same brake system as used in the 1/8 Buggy World Champion Inferno MP9.
Front surface of rear lower arms equipped with thin, lightweight yet large surface area mudguards to prevent dirt entering the wheels and drives shafts.
- Long Chassis: Instead of just guessing and producing a random long chassis, the designers and team drivers tested different configurations of varying lengths and weight distribution to establish which provides the best performance. The front-weighted chassis that was chosen features extra length for rock-solid stability in the bumps, while concentrating weight as far forward as possible to give the ST-RR EVO exceptional steering response. It's the best of both worlds; ultra crisp steering response and unrivaled stability.
- Big Bore Shocks: Threaded body Big Bore Shocks allow precise adjustment of the front and rear suspension.
- Improved Shock Boots: Accordion-style shock boots keep the big 3.5mm shock shafts clean.
- Strengthened Ring & Pinion Gears: The internal ring and pinion gears of the drivetrain are formed from the strongest material available, which means the ring and pinion gears will be better able to withstand the punishment of long races and the biggest, most powerful engines.
- Lightweight Universal Driveshafts: The driveshafts feature a lightweight design and are made from ultra-durable hardened steel, the strongest and most durable material ever used, with a distinctive black/silver finish.
- Low Profile, High Down-force Cab Forward Body: Looks are almost as important as performance, and the ST-RR includes a modern, low-profile extended body to fit the long chassis of the truck resulting in more steering.
- Extended Wing Mount: The rear wing mount raises the rear wing 18mm and moves it 8mm to the rear, creating more down force for better jumping performance and improved high-speed handling and traction.
- Wide Offset Wheel Hubs: Previously optional wide offset hubs are now standard equipment for the ST-RR. They increase the width of the truck by 18mm for more stability through uneven bumps and high-speed corners, which gives you the confidence to keep the throttle pinned through the rough sections for even faster lap times. Standard and medium offset hubs are still available for extra tuning options.
- High-Grade (HG) Air Filter: Introduced in the MP9 buggy, the HG air filter features a new high-density, high-flow foam that is more resistant to various types of filter oil. The high-density structure of the foam means this filter captures more dirt particles to keep your racing engine running stronger for longer. The high flow rate allows the engine to breathe exceptionally well and maintain maximum power even through a grueling 1-hour main event. The faceted texture of the outer filter provides more surface area, which means it breathes better for longer than a standard round filter.
- Mud Guards: Thin, light weight mud guards cover a larger area from the leading face of the rear suspension arm to protect the rear suspension components from dirt and mud as well as hard hits from rocks.
- Flanged Hinge Pin: Flanged hinge pins and nylon nuts are used to secure the outer lower suspension components, allowing easy installation/removal and simplified maintenance.
Wheelbase: 373mm: 378mm
Tread (F/R): 353mm / 353mm
Gear Ratio: 16.54:1
Weight: 3,750g Approx.
Needed to Complete:
- 2-channel, 2-servo R/C system for cars
- 21 - 28 class engine
- Manifold and tuned muffler
- Tires, Wheels, Foams and Glue
- Fuel & engine starting tools
- Paint for body
- Batteries & Charger for R/C system
- HG Air Cleaner Oil
NOTE: Wheels, tires and engine shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. Included body is clear and requires painting. See needed to complete list for a full list of items required to complete the model.