The Savage Flux HP is guaranteed to wow you and your friends! Powered by the high technology Flux Tork 2200 motor and twin battery packs, you will be pulling wheelies and getting air at the twitch of a finger! Easy plug-and-go convenience is the hallmark of electric RC vehicles like the Savage Flux HP. Just plug in two matching battery packs and you are off and running! The Flux Blur electronic speed control can handle massive amounts of power, and you can use up to 16 NiMH cells or 2 LiPo batteries (either 2S or 3S type). Want to hit the speed limit with your monster truck? The Savage Flux HP makes it easy! With twin 3S LiPo batteries and on-road tires like the #4729 or #4731 mounted Phaltlines the Savage Flux HP can achieve a blistering top speed of 62 mph (100kph)!
Now With 2.4GHz Radio Equipment!
The Savage Flux HP now comes ready-to-run with the high quality HPI TF-20 2.4GHz radio for excellent range, a high torque metal-gear steering servo, and a failsafe equipped receiver. No need to worry about radio conflicts, crystals, or radio interference, this Savage is equipped with the latest Spread Spectrum radio technology that delivers worry-free driving.
The Savage Flux HP is equipped with tough option parts to help it handle the power of the Flux Tork 2200 motor. HPI has equipped it with an all-metal gear transmission, steel spur gear, super heavy-duty dogbones, machine cut diff gears, 2.5mm TVP chassis plates, 3mm 7075 motor plate and dual 8mm billet motor clamps! The Savage Flux HP is based on the proven Savage X chassis, and features a low-mounted Flux Tork 2200Kv motor in place of the big-block nitro engine, a powerful Flux Blur electronic speed control in place of the fuel tank, and twin battery boxes to hold a variety of battery types. Power your Savage Flux HP with either NiMH batteries from 6- to 8-cell size, or dual LiPo batteries with 2S 7.4v or a whopping 3S 11.1v power!
Proven features from the Savage X are carried over, including the tough all-metal gear drivetrain, powerful SF-50 metal-gear servo, machine-cut diff gears and legendary Savage suspension parts and shock towers for extreme durability! The lighter weight of the Savage Flux HP allows the use of a single BIG BORE shock absorber on each corner for excellent control and traction on any surface.
The centerpiece of the Savage Flux HP is the Flux system, consisting of the Tork 2200 motor and Blur electronic speed control - both impressive in their own right, but together they form an unstoppable power force! The Flux Tork 2200 features a motor case with massive machined cooling fins that really make it look the part of an all-out power plant! With a 5mm motor shaft it can fit optional pinion gears so you can get even MORE top speed for those insane runs, or gear it down a bit for increased acceleration on the track. The Tork 2200 is mounted to the 3mm 7075 aluminum motor plate with two 8mm billet machined aluminum clamps so it won't move or shift under the immense amount of torque of the brushless motor.
Controlling the Tork 2200 is the Flux Blur electronic speed control, the most powerful brushless speed controller HPI could find. With the ability to handle twin 3S LiPo batteries (that's a total of 6S LiPo power!) it can deal with anything the Tork 2200 motor can dish out! 6mm bullet connectors secure the motor wires for loss-free connection to the 10-gauge wires, and to connect to each battery pack HPI attached real Deans connectors for zero power loss and total efficiency. They figured why re-invent the wheel and release their own connector when the best is already available? Topping off the versatility of the Flux Blur is an integrated cooling fan, which allows the electronic speed control to operate at its ideal temperature.
Finally, you have the ability to easily connect the system to your computer for total programming control! With the #100573 USB Programming Kit you can connect the Blur to any Windows-based PC to control all the various facets of its power delivery, braking, throttle curves, battery cut-off and much more. You can also save various profiles to have profiles for racing, insane speed runs, stunts, fun running and more. With the Flux Tork 2200 and Blur combo, you get all the power your heart could desire, with custom tuning and multi-battery compatibility thrown in for fun! You'll have to experience it to believe it!
The Savage Flux HP is loaded with features that make it the perfect choice for anyone looking for a massively fun, plug-and-go monster truck! Check out the long list of parts and custom features that are standard on the Savage Flux HP!
- TVP Chassis (Twin Vertical Plate): The chassis for the Savage Flux HP is very similar to the nitro-powered Savage that we all know and love - the backbone consists of the TVP (Twin Vertical Plate) design, formed from two 2.5mm aluminum plates, with the diff cases at either end providing significant stiffness and the transmission casing and motor plate forming load-bearing members of the structure.
- Extra-Low CG: The Flux Tork 2200 motor sits extremely low in the chassis, providing as low a center of gravity (CG) as possible, and the twin battery packs ride on the outside of the TVP chassis for easy access. The low CG gives you extra control and cornering ability, allowing you to rule the corners on the track and pull off spectacular stunts to impress and wow your friends!
- Twin Battery Power: Brushless motors like the Flux Tork 2200 are already super powerful with just one battery compared to their older brushed ancestors, so you can imagine what two battery packs will be able to provide! The Savage Flux HP can handle up to 16 NiMH cells (split up with 2 x 6-cell, 2 x 7-cell or 2 x 8-cell battery packs) or 2 LiPo packs of either 2S 7.4v or 3S 11.1v construction. The battery boxes feature vents to keep the batteries cool, and it is recommended that only official Deans zero-loss battery plugs are used.
- Flux Tork 2200 Motor: The Flux Tork 2200 motor is one of the biggest and most powerful brushless motors available, and was selected specifically for its massive power delivery and voltage handling. It can take up to 25 volts of power, delivering hordes of power - plenty of juice for instant wheelies and standing backflips! The Tork 2200 is held in place with 2 machined 8mm billet aluminum motor clamps secured to the 3mm 7075 alloy motor mount to prevent it moving once the gear mesh is set. Option pinion gears are available to fine-tune the speed and torque delivery!
- Flux Blur ESC: With the capacity to handle up to 6S LiPo power and more NiMH cells than can actually fit in the Savage Flux HP, the Flux Blur electronic speed control can take anything you can possibly throw at it and keep coming back for more! Fully programmable with the #100573 USB Programming Kit and fitted with fat 6mm bullet connectors, the Blur delivers power to the Tork 2200 motor in massive gulps of voltage while the integrated cooling fan keeps everything at a reasonable operating temperature.
- All-Metal Transmission Gears: The Savage Flux HP features all-metal transmission gears to make sure that power delivery is uninterrupted and every jolt of power gets from the motor to the tires efficiently and with no worry of damage to the gears. The whole drivetrain runs on rubber-sealed ball bearings for optimal efficiency, for extra-long runtimes and mega-fast top speeds!
- XL Tough Suspension: The Savage Flux HP features the uprights designed for the larger tires and weight of the Savage XL, giving you the assurance that you'll be able to deal out the same abuse that all the other nitro-powered Savage trucks can handle! Beefy parts mean the Savage Flux HP can take the abuse and punishment of extreme off-road driving.
- Machined Diff Gears: Equipped with #102246 Machined Super Heavy Duty Bevel Gears, you can be sure that the diffs of the Savage Flux HP will last for a long time, taking the punishment of the Flux Tork 2200 motor! The entire drivetrain can be upgraded with all the option parts available to nitro Savage owners, letting you upgrade and bulletproof your truck as desired.
- Thick Super Heavy-Duty Dogbones: Extra-thick, super duty dogbones provide the durability you'll want when you take the Savage Flux HP into rough country! The thick diameter and larger ends add up to a drivetrain that won't let you down when the going gets tough! You'll be able to commit the full power of the Tork 2200 motor to the ground without worrying about drivetrain damage!
- Machined Steel Spur Gear: A machined steel spur gear is the perfect match for the power of the Tork 2200 motor. The pinion gear spins on a 5mm motor shaft and optional pinion gears will be available after the Savage Flux HP is launched. With the all-metal drivetrain running from the motor to transmission, and from the gearbox to the diffs, you get a huge amount of drivetrain protection with gears that won't strip, melt or break! You'll have security and peace of mind that your truck will not only perform superbly, but last as long as possible in the roughest of terrain and conditions!
- Big Bore Nylon Shocks: Four huge Big Bore shocks give the suspension action you need to get out and blast through the roughest of tracks or off-road terrain. With slick nylon bodies they are lightweight and strong, with almost no friction 'stiction' between the shock piston and shock body. The extra-large capacity gives you extra control and damping action so you have the driving feel that makes off-road driving so much fun!
- SF-50 High Torque Metal Gear Steering Servo: HPI designers chose a super-strong, extra-tough high torque metal gear servo. The SF-50 will get the GT-2 tires turning easily at any speed! There's no need to upgrade the servo - this baby's got it all! With the bellcrank steering and built-in servo saver, you can be sure that the SF-50 will be fully protected against crash damage!
- Savage Wheelie Bar Included: The #85245 is included as standard, ready for you to bolt on in case you want to pull impressive wheelies to wow your friends. Want to pull off jaw-dropping standing backflips without a ramp? Leave the wheelie bar off, we don't mind - just be prepared for your friends to ask for the controller! It's OK if you say no and tell them to get their own, though!
- All-Terrain Tires: With the aggressive tread of the GT-2 tires, you can go off-road to on-road with predictable handling. The center tread lines give you stability on paved surfaces while the blocky tread pattern and heavy-duty sidewall teeth provide grip for off-road terrain like dirt, mud, muck, leaves.
- GT-2 Body with Flame Paint Scheme: To give the sleek GT-2 body a new look, it has been wrapped with the coolest pre-painted paint scheme HPI has ever produced - dark grey and red flames give the body an entirely new look and celebrate the unbelievable power of the Savage Flux HP.
- RTR - Performance Straight From The Box: HPI makes it as easy as possible to get into RC off-road action. The Savage Flux HP is completely pre-built and ready to go right out of the box! Everything is assembled and tuned for you by professionals - diffs, shocks, suspension and more are perfect before you even open the package. And with many of the top Savage options already installed, you don't have to do a thing to get going fast! HPI Ready-To-Run vehicles bring you the same high performance and quality that you'd expect from a high end RC kit but with the added convenience of being factory pre-assembled to the highest standards - giving you a high performance RC truck straight from the box! HPI RTR cars and trucks are 98% factory assembled - they come Ready-To-Run and equipped with all the radio gear required. Just a few steps are needed to get your car up and running, such as adding the batteries to the transmitter and charging up your choice of batteries for the truck!
- Full Assembly Instructions and HPI RC Cars DVD: As with all HPI cars and trucks, you get a full, in depth instruction manual with step by step instructions that allow you to easily disassemble and reassemble your monster truck for maintenance and easy servicing. The information on the HPI RC Cars DVD provides a complete and detailed introduction to the fascinating world of RC cars and trucks. This DVD will show you how to get the best performance from your HPI RC vehicle. The HPI RC Car DVD is your personal RC car expert in a box!
- High Quality 2.4GHz Spread Spectrum Radio: The reliable and sturdy HPI TF-20 2.4GHz radio controls the Savage Flux HP, giving you superb control in a well-designed pistol-grip radio! The steering wheel design makes you feel as if you're actually driving the truck, and the trigger-style throttle and brake controls provide you with finger-sensitive action when accelerating and stopping! The radio transmitter features DSSS technology that eliminates the need for frequency crystals so you can drive with your friends without worrying about frequency conflicts or interference. The TF-20 has servo reverse switches, easy access to radio adjustments and simple AA battery replacement. The RF-20 receiver takes the commands from the transmitter and transfers them reliably to the Flux Blur ESC and the steering servo.
Comes fully assembled with Flux Tork 2200 motor, Flux Blur electronic speed control, HPI TF-20 radio system, SF-50 high torque metal gear steering servo, and painted & trimmed body. Also contains detailed instruction manual and HPI RC Cars DVD.
HPI TF-20 2.4GHz Features:
- Spread Spectrum DSSS - no frequency worries when running with dozens of cars at the same time
- 2.4GHz - high frequency operation eliminates radio interference
- Easy operation - simplified feature list avoids the complexity of computerized radios
- Ergonomic design - comfortable pistol grip handle and foam steering wheel
- No crystals needed - saves money and improves reliability
- Built-in failsafe function - protects the truck from low voltage runaways
- Steering dual rate - easily fine tune the steering to track conditions
- Servo reversing switches - quickly reverse the servos for multiple applications
- Low battery warning - a flashing LED indicates when the transmitter batteries are running low
Needed to Complete:
- (2) NiMH 7.2V/8.4V/9.6V Batteries (up to 8-cell 'flat' type packs) or (2) 2S/3S LiPo Batteries (NOTE: Batteries must be the same type, voltage and capacity.)
- Battery charger compatible with battery chemistry
- (8) AA Batteries for transmitter
- Motor or Engine: Tork 2200
- Speed Control: Blur electronic speed control
- Radio: 2.4GHz Spread Spectrum Radio
- Servos: SF-50 High Torque Metal Gear Steering Servo